Wednesday, February 24, 2010

On The Saddle Again


Finally got back on the bike today. I was going to get on the dreaded rack...er, I mean the trainer, but then I read this from Charlie and decided to get outside:

Then as if providentially sent, I knew the source of my tears! I was crying tears of unrestrained sympathy for my training mates for they have resorted to spending hours upon hours of mundane drudgery on their fancy-pants trainers whist glued to their television sets watching those shockingly-spoiled-saggy-panted sissyboarders do their little pony tricks for the masses...My dear training mates had been taken in, like so many others, by the manufactured hysteria surrounding these somewhat acrobatic juvenile delinquents!

It was the right decision.

Big D and I tried the other day only to be stopped by the ice. We ended up trying the snowmobile trails which weren't great and ultimately ended up with a plateful of eggs in front of us.
Ice

Snowmobile Trail

In other news, Meredith and I had built a snow fort when the snow was soft and wet earlier in the winter. It is now rockhard. We spent some of Sunday scooping it out. It has three rooms, a slide, and a tunnel. It is the best fort that I have ever been a part of.

The Slide

The Tunnel

JRA (again, finally),

Scott S.

No comments:

Post a Comment