Saturday, February 28, 2009

Birkie Weekend II

I wanted to finish up my posting of the Birkie weekend.

We had fun meeting up with old friends that now live in Hayward and Rogers, MN. Unfortunately, we only see them once or twice a year, and the Birkie is one of those times. We ate a lot of pizza and drank beer...the recovery food of all hard-core athletes the world over.

Better than Recoverite

Sunday was spent driving home and deciding if we wanted to keep this:

Who are those people?

or get this:

Ohh, nice

Too bad this wasn't an option this year; but I'm pretty sure, if she agrees, maybe next year:

My next bike: the Pugs

We decided on this and love it:

Ohh, nice

Granted, it is not environmentally friendly, it is a gas-guzzler, and might we might get some hassle for not getting something more practical("...why didn't you get a minivan?"). But it will be great for our growing family(if you haven't heard, we are expecting #2 in September), it's great in the snow(proven in the 10" we got the day after I picked it up), and will be a great ride to the (hopefully) many races/events in the future.

Now that the Birkie is over, I need to start riding more. The Almanzo is only 11 weeks away.

There's not been much riding lately, but I started core work by watching(and doing) this:


I don't know what "tweeze your buttocks" means, but when I hear it I can't help but laugh. It's a pretty good core workout.

With this outside,

10" coming down

I've been on this:

All together now, "this sucks"

and planning on getting on this:

All together now, "be careful"

The other knucklehead that's doing the Almanzo joined me today for a CTS video workout.

If I don't fall off the rollers, we are heading to St. Cloud for Dad's B-Day tomorrow. Just M and I. Wife is going out of town for work. Looks like it might be a rough stay for her:

She assures me she will be working.


JRA

Scott S.

No comments:

Post a Comment