Monday, March 30, 2009

Back to Business

My ride home

We got the water thing fixed in the basement. Unfortunately, they are still battling it in Fargo/Moorhead. On top of everything they have had, now it's many inches of snow and wind on the way. Apparently the wind is more worrisome than the snow for the integrity of the dikes. Pray for them.

All put back together

We are waiting for a blizzard around these parts too. Last I heard it will be 15 inches, but it has fluctuated from 12-20 inches, so we'll see. It is supposed to start tonight.

With the coming blizzard I'm sure glad I finally got back out on the bike this weekend. A pleasant 26 miles on Saturday with Big D was followed by a solo, hilly, cold, and just make it home before dark, 42 miles on Sunday.

Hills done

Wife, M and I were at her Relies (that would be Relatives) for some family time on Sunday. I convinced myself it would be a good idea for Wife to drop me off about 40 miles from home and ride in.

Hills to go

I thought it would be a good idea, then I thought it wouldn't be a good idea, and then I thought I'll probably think that it was worth it after the ride and finally I decided to do it. I'm still trying to determine if it was worthwhile. In the end, I suppose it was, as I needed the miles. What I didn't need was under-dressing for the cold, the late start, and the hills.

Lots of slough land

With the snow coming it will be back to lots of clothes, the Niner, and studded tires on gravel roads for Wednesdays ride.

Till then,

JRA

Scott S.

No comments:

Post a Comment