Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Springtime?

The water didn't freeze

Springtime in Minnesota can be very fleeting. We are having a taste of it now and everybody is trying to enjoy it. One week ago we were in a blizzard warning with 8 inches of snow and bitter cold. This week we are enjoying near 50 degree weather.

My last ride was during one of those spring days when you want to ride forever, except the legs don't agree. It was 50 degrees, sunny and the snow was melting. Although the wind was a little stiff. Guess which picture I was into the wind:

This one...


Or this one?

I got in about 25 miles on the Crosshairs. Did I say I love that bike. I was glad for the fenders riding through the puddles and the 35c tires ate up the potholes.

I rode the "tour of lakes." Obviously we have a lot of lakes and just about any ride could be classified this, but I like it because it includes most of the "chain." I tried to get pictures of the lakes I saw on the ride. My camera/photography skills don't do the lakes justice; they are beautiful all year round.

Lake Carlos

Lake Darling

Lake Victoria

Lake Louise(I think)

Lake Laura

Lake Le Homme Dieu

Lake Geneva

It's suppose to continue to be warm: 39 degrees tomorrow. We'll see if the legs have more than 25 miles in them.

JRA

Scott S.

No comments:

Post a Comment