Thursday, March 5, 2009

Some Reasons


I've been asked, and have asked myself, why I like to ride bike, try to ride long distances, and why do I even think about doing the things that I have on my "life list".


I don't yet have the definitive answer, but I see others answer it for themselves and most of it fits for me too. I hope these two quotes make you think about the things you want to do in your life but haven't. I hope you get out there soon, life is happening now.


The first is taken without permission(but given credit to) from Jill Homer:


"I don't want to ever become the kind of person who doesn't dare to fail and fail spectacularly. I don't ever want to be unwilling to approach the unknown. I don't ever want to live a life free of risk."


Check out her blog post for the rest of the story.


The other, again without permission is from Jay Petervary, an endurance cyclist from Wyoming. That is his coffee cup in the picture:

Click for a closer view

Those are some of the thoughts that resonate with me and why I get on my bike when it is near 0 degrees.


JRA


Scott S.

No comments:

Post a Comment